Event !

Astafix "End Ever" available in Europe !


For more informations contact pschroebereurope@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Paulo Schroeber : interview Guitar Mind



Here an English translation of Paulo's interview published on Guitar Mind website :

"When guitar came into your life ?

Paulo : When I was 15, I remember that I first heard a vinyl from Accept,called Restless and Wild and I was shocked and excited at the same time with that sound. It was good kid, and then I called my neighbor to listen too. I remember we listened it all the day, and that changed my life because from that disk I started to listen to other classic bands of this time, and since then I have never stopped.
Soon after I won a guitar, I did some lessons, and a year after I pushed my father to give me a guitar at last.
It's funny, now I'm 36 years old and I still have the feeling that guitar sounds like on this vinyl, especially coming from that time.


What set up do you currently use ?

Paulo :I use a Lexicon MPX1 for effects, a pre amp Mesa Boogie Tri Axis and power Mesa Boogie Simulclass 90/90. I also use two boxes Marshall JCM 1960 A/B.
But most times I can't use this set, so I use a Pod X3 FX in a Marshall JCM 900.


How did you receive the invitation to join Almah ?

Paulo : In fact it was a test because they needed another guitarist and they didn't find.
Marcelo Moreira spoke about me to Edu, and then asked me to call him. I went at Edu's home, and I remember that we spent more than 12 hours a day composing and arranging sounds. For me it was a challenge because I had never heard those songs, and I arrived when they were already composed.
After two weeks I received an email confirming I was the new Almah's guitarist.


With all these projects, how you organize your time to study ?

Paulo : I'm always studying. Never study as I would like, but I always try to overcome by studying other styles, and listening interesting things, outside rock and metal, which has always were my thing
Now I'm composing my solo album, which countains songs from various styles, and also out my project called Industrial Hammer 67, in which I took care of the arrangements, without much concern about the difficulty of the songs. For now, Astafix is my priority, we shooted our first clip, directed by Raul Machado. I'm very happy with the result.


How was the recording of the album "End Ever" from Astafix ?

Paulo : On this album, I jumped on the bandwagon, I have heard some stuff from Astafix, because we recorded the Almah's album in the same studio, and Brendan who produced the record showed me some tracks. After Wally's invitation to join the band, I recorded solos of End Ever, with the other producer of the album, Adriano Daga.


Some advices for those who are starting to play ?

Paulo : Nowadays it's very easy to get informations about methods, videos and music, because with the internet revolution all is easier.
So the advice I have to give is very simple : start with a teacher of your choice and study as much as you can, because the rest is therefore very simple."

For more news : Guitar Mind wesbite